I'm just an average guy, nobody special. I take pictures, mostly of classic cars, sometimes of nature. I am a learning amateur.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dead Kennedys Collection


Dead Kennedys Collection 1, originally uploaded by Brain Toad.

This is a little introduction blog for the next blog I'm hoping to finish about the band, Dead Kennedys.

Dead Kennedys is one of my absolute favorite bands, they are in my top three with The Beatles and Johnny Cash. They were the band who hooked me on Punk rock pretty much. I'm borderline obsessed with them. I have downloaded all their albums as well as any bootlegs I can find, including live shows, demos and the like. The obsession extends to anything the members have done outside the band, such as Jello Biafra's side projects and spoken word, Klaus Flouride's strange solo albums and even East Bay Ray's single.

Pictures is my physical Dead Kennedys collection. When I took this shot it had just gotten larger with the addition of five 7 inch records I won off eBay. This is incredibly nerdy of me. Followed is the list of the items included.

In God We Trust t-shirt (album cover on front, "Freedom from religion" on the back
Jello Biafra I Blow Minds for a Living t-shirt (album cover on front, "Jello Biafra Thought Criminals" on reverse)
"Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" 12 inch LP (Manifesto remastered)
"Plastic Surgery Disasters" 12 inch LP (Manifesto remastered)
"In God We Trust Inc" 12 inch EP (Manifesto remastered)
"In God We Trust Inc" 12 inch EP (Alternative Tentacles original)
"Bleed for Me / Life Sentence" 7 inch single (UK issue)
"Nazi Punks Fuck Off / Moral Majority" 7 inch single (with armband, AT)
"California Uber Alles / Man with the Dogs" 7 inch single (French issue)
"Too Drunk to Fuck / The Prey" 7 inch single (UK issue)
"Buzzbomb from Pasadena / Night of the Living Rednecks" 7 inch flexidisc (AT)
"Prairie Home Invasion" 12 inch single (Jello Biafra & Mojo Nixon AT)
"Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" CD (Manifesto remastered)
"Plastic Surgery Disasters / In God We Trust Inc" CD (Manifesto remastered)
"Frankenchrist" CD (AT original)
"Frankenchrist" CD (AT Canada)
"Frankenchrist" CD (Manifesto remastered)
"Bedtime for Democracy" (AT)
"Power of Lard EP" CD (Lard AT)
"Last Temptation of Reid" CD (Lard AT)
"Prairie Home Invasion" CD (Jello Biafra & Mojo Nixon AT)
"Thingie" CD (Jumbo Shrimp Flouride Treatment records)
"Dread Kennedys - In Dub We Trust" CD (Dub tribute to DK)
"What Were We Fighting For" CD (tribute)

So yes, I am indeed a huge DK nerd. I have an equally large Beatles and Johnny Cash collections, but I'm not nearly as anal about issues/reissues as those.

Hopefully I finally finish with that next entry.

1 comment:

Congested said...

Dead Kennedys suck!

Okay well maybe I should listen to them first.

About Me

I'm just an average guy. I'm a student at Sonoma State University. I take pictures, mostly of classic cars.